The way we move has transformed. As global travel has all but ground to a halt, millions of people have had to reconsider relocation plans and put their moving dreams on hold.
But these changes won’t last forever, and those looking to relocate to the United States will still need expert advice to prepare for a move that can be simultaneously exciting, challenging, and rewarding. Moving to America Made Easy is here to give you the tools to plan for a seamless relocation when things return to normal.
Travel policies and regulations
The policies and regulations around travel are changing regularly, but you can visit these sites for the most up-to-date information:
You can also visit the CDC’s State and Territorial Health Department Websites page for the most up-to-date information on travel restrictions and guidance on a state-by-state basis.
For those looking to apply for visas to the U.S., there are several websites that have up-to-date information:
- United States Citizenship and Immigration Services
- The Electronic Visas Update System
- USA.gov’s Visa Information Page
- The State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
All are posting regular updates on their websites and serve as great resources for those investigating the changing landscape, and its impact on travel and moving.
Even though the current situation has forced many people to push pause on their moving plans, there is still plenty of research you can do before you relocate to the United States. We’ve updated all of the guides from last year’s Moving to America guide to reflect the current circumstances, including how it has impacted important resources like healthcare, visa applications, and business. All of those articles can be accessed via the Moving to America hub page.
The world has transformed in recent months, but preparing for your dream move doesn’t need to be put on hold. America is waiting for you.
Learn more about moving to America:
- America at a Glance
- America's Culture and Customs
- How Americans Do Business
- American Social Security Numbers and Credit Scores
- Brain Fuel: The American Education System
- Navigating the US Healthcare System
- Real Estate in The United States
- Studying in the United States
- How to Navigate the Complex US Tax System
- Which Visa is Right for You?
- Your American Moving Checklist
HSBC commissioned this article. The views and opinions expressed are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of HSBC.